Pattern Recognition: First Sequence & Selected Works.



Buy link: https://asc77.bandcamp.com/album/pattern-recognition-first-sequence

Bandcamp are doing another '100% artist revenue share' day, in support of artists during the global pandemic tomorrow. I've got two offerings for this day to share with you. The first is the start of a new compilation called Pattern Recognition. This is a collection of many favourite unreleased tracks, presented in a similar way to the Colours Fade series. Pattern Recognition will be slightly different, as there will also be a limited edition cassette release to accompany each digital release. First Sequence collects tracks that weren't designed for any of my DJ sets, or with the thought of how they'd sound on the dancefloor. The limited edition cassette will also be pretty special, as it features an all-over print on the cassette itself with more design work made especially for this series. I'm hopeful it is going to look as good as the vision in my head for it did! The digital will be available May 1st, and pre-orders for the cassette will also be available the same day.



Buy link: https://warpedcore.bandcamp.com/album/selected-works


Secondly, it was recently announced that I was behind the anonymous Nereid project and the Warped Core label. This was always meant to be a short series of releases and then it would be over. The end of this series will be Volume Three, with the 12" vinyl closing out proceedings in June, pending any delays of course. In between now and Volume Three, a digital compilation entitled Selected Works will be available on May 1st also.

A little bit of history on this: Truth be told, I wanted to separate some of the more dancefloor techno I'd been writing since 2016 from the ASC guise, and release it under the Nereid name. Most of the labels that I work with weren't keen on the idea, and wanted to release the music as ASC still. It wasn't my intention for a lot of the techno that I've released over the past few years to come out under the ASC name, but I wasn't going to argue with people who were investing their money into releasing my music; that felt disingenuous and a bit too egotistical for me.

So that's where the Warped Core project came to life, with the backing of Juno as a distributor. Initially it was supposed to be anonymous, so I felt going through a different distributor made more sense -  as not to tie it to me so obviously, since the majority of my output goes through SMG. Sales weren't amazing, as to be expected with a new name/label in a scene saturated with so much music - both good and bad. A decision was made with Juno that we'd announce on Volume Three pre-orders that I was behind the project, in an effort to boost sales on Volume's One and Two, and give the last 12" a bit of awareness.

Anyway, during the lifespan of this project, a lot of tracks were written. I was in full-on "experimentation mode" with a more stripped down approach to techno and synthesis. Selected Works is eight of the best tracks that I feel represent a nice bookend to the Nereid project. So with that knowledge, if you like your techno desolate and bleak, then go and have a listen on the Warped Core Bandcamp page

One final footnote: All of the Auxiliary back catalogue will be made 'pay what you want' (minimum €1)  for 24hrs only on May 1st.

Thanks for reading and supporting.
ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment